The most important system for both the campaign of internet marketing and better ranking is probably on page SEO. Each and one campaign inaugurates from the website. In case, your website is not properly optimized for users and search engines, there is lesser chance of being successful for you.
The relationship between off-page and on-page SEO has already been described by me. The definition of off-page SEO is also analyzed by me in great detail. I will analyze only some fundamental terms to give a complete view to the beginners.
SEO stands for search engine optimization. This single term actually summarizes all the things you have to do to make the position of your website better in different search engines. This involves the configuration setting that you should apply on your website (it is called on page SEO) and the strategy you should adopt outside the arena of the website (It is also called off page SEO)
Is it true that off-page SEO is less important than the on-page SEO?
If you want highest expression in the search engine and to maintain the happiness of your users then on-page SEO as well as on-page SEO is important. But to my point of view off page SEO is lesser significant than the on page SEO. I will discuss about this thing below.
- Off page SEO comes later than the on page SEO: If you are thinking about the promotion of your website then you must be certain about the optimization of your website and its condition. So the first strategy that you can adopt is to start working on on-site SEO and later on you can start working on off-site.
- Never forget that on Page SEO is for the users: It will be a wrong step to forget that your elementary goal is to maintain the happiness of your users. It is true that off page SEO can increase the traffic of the website but in case it is not too much friendly for the users then the outcome will not me so much encouraging.
- There are many websites who cannot actually make it: It is a strange fact that most of the websites are not properly SEO optimized. Although there are several information about SEO available, many owners of websites are not very much interested in SEO. They actually lose the game before starting. In such cases on-page SEO can offer several things regarding the traffic of the website as well as the usability.
- Pick up the language of the search engine: It is more reasonable to inaugurate with on-page SEO. It is a better option than attempting to convince the search engines by off page SEO. A search engine is nothing but software (a computer program) and it has a language of its own. When you do SEO specifically on page SEO you actually pick up its language. Your aim is to make it understand the language of your website. It means that you get a better ranking parallel with your providing of signals to it.
- In many cases on page SEO is the sole thing you have to do: If you are the admin of a website and you are search of the local customers who makes search in Google then on page SEO is the sole thing you need to do.
5 strategies for on-page SEO if you want a better ranking
We can now turn our attention to the practical part because we have finished the SEO and on page SEO related theory.
It is not only five rather there are several on page SEO strategies. But as far as it goes with the spirit of the post I will now tell you what settings today you have to implement on your website.
- Content is the first preference
A website which contains good content can still survive without SEO and a website which contains bad content will not probably survive by doing SEO. But it is a fact that if you do SEO for a site which has good content then it will be improved.
Here are the qualities of good contents
1) Uploading frequency
There are two considerations behind uploading frequency. At first you have to have new contents for your website and you also have to maintain a uploading plan.
2) The research on the content must be well
It is a fact that both the search engines and users avoid the contents which are written in haste. So, in case you are answering a question or writing about something you must consider the justification of your writing. It has been observed that short articles are less successful than long articles.
3) Your contents must be significant
Do not ever upload content just for publishing. Before uploading it be certain that your content is significant enough to increase the quality of your website.
4) There should be some texts in your content
There must be some texts if your content is non-textual. Such as if you have a video content you must have a description. In other cases if you have image contents please describe it.
6) Your content must publish in your website
In case you have contents of your own it will not be so much effective if it is first published on the other website.
7)Unique contents(comments, info graphics, presentations, videos, images, text, articles etc)- You should not rewrite nor copy the already existing articles.
- Formating, page titles and description
Though this is SEO 101, it is very important. Search engines include images, the main headings, Page description, title of the page etc when they go through the pages of your website. The do such things because they have to understand your page properly. After this considering other factors like competition, authority of the domain, off page SEO the place your site in their search result.
Though images are significant but they mustn’t kill the time of loading of the website. The best way of using image:
- Unique images must be used. In case you use an already existing image then you must mention its source.
- The smaller will be the size of the image will be the better it will be. To decrease the size one can use yahoo smash it.
- ALT tags can be used to describe the image. Search engines get help to understand the image thus.
- Name your files descriptively. Name your files like “The development of human beings “not “image 1.jpg”.
- Must exercise a delivery network of contents- If a single page contains a lot of images then you have got option to use CDN services which is from Google or Amazon and this will increase the loading capacity of your page. In other word the images will be served and hosted by several servers and this will increase the speed of the process of loading.
Correct formatting of a page is very necessary. Take it as a report which needs sub heading (h2) and heading (h1).Italics, underline or bolds can be used to highlight the main points of the report.
It is not wise to put the text on the page in anyway.People must be able to read it. To follow the above described techniques of formatting you must have a handsome font size(minimum 12px). It will be better to divide the text into short paragraphs having 4-5 lines each.
The searcher can see a particular part of the page in the search result and this is called page description.SEO it must be unique and must contain 150 characters as its description. This is a chance for you to promote your page in order to convince the searcher that clicking on the links of your page is important.
Titles of the page:
Each and every page must get a unique title. This will assist the users as well as the search engine to understand the content of your page. If the name of the page is:”Tips for SEO(On page)” then it is better than “ SEO.html” page.
My article named SEO tips for beginners can give you more titles amnd and descriptions which will certainly be SEO optimized ans they will help you to practice the images usefully.
- Structure of URL
In on-page SEO the structure of the URL is a significant part.I like to divide the discussion of URL into 4 distinct parts.
- Sitemap of the user- in your main menus there must be an option called user sitemap. This html file will show the design of your site. You can go to my sitemap as a model.
- Breadcrumb- Breadcrumb helps your usurers to use your website and they instantly can know what their position regardring the homepage is.
- Categories- Dividing into categories is always helpful for both the search engines and the users. The uncategorized site is like an unorganized storehouse and the categorized site is a well organized storehouse. You may have subcategories but it is always better to have categories one level. An example of a perfect category is-
Reliable soft> Tips> Facebook> Social Media> Not Reliablesoft and facebook> Social Media> Reliable soft
- Links which are permanent: the URL link of every page is called the permanent links. 255 characters must be the limitation of a nice URL and there should be hyphens which will separate the things of the page link.
This is a good example of URL.On the other hand
are bad examples of URL.
- Linking (Internal):
For SEO the linking of the pages of your website is very important. It is because-
- In this process you can boost the time of your site- It is probable for a reader to click on a link to know about more things when he or she is in your site. In this way the duration period of staying in your site and the used page number can be increased.
The best possible ways for linking (internal)
1)only mention links when they are really necessary
2) Though this is not a research result I can suggest you that never cross the 7-8 limit number of linking
3) Never mention your keywords when introducing the links
4) You can also make use of related posts just at the finishing of your post by linking
- In this process search engines will be informed about the most significant pages: each and every sites has its most important and less important pages. Internal link king can highlight those pages by giving them additional internal links.
- Search engine will know other pages of your site in this system: It has been explained earlier that if search engines find links of the other pages in any of your paget then it will go there to read it and discover your unknown pages in this way.
- It is an experience to make your personal web
Following the links is the first task of search engines as it is describesd in the tutorial by google named how search works, So, if you don’t have any links in your page tehen the search engines will not go somhere else to read. But if you interlink your other pages then they will go their for further reading.
- Authorship as well as well as speed
Some people say it penguin 4.0 originally Penguin 2.0. the arrival of this thing the two techniques namely authorship and speed has become very significant.
Authorship of Google
The aim of Google is now to catch the upcoming generation. They are trying to keep the pages high in their ranking which is written by expert people of the particular subject. One of the processes of doing this is to co-relate the page with the Google+ account of the author. Your number of followers and the people who are following are considered and your ranking depends on this.
Although this technology has not yet reached its peak but you have to be careful about it.
Checklist for on-page SEO
Here the checklist summarizes the main points which I have discussed throughout the above discussion.( There is also an option for you to download it in PDF format if you want to print nit On page SEO Checklist)
Checklist for on-page SEO
- Is the content unique that means cityscape examined?
- Is your site the first one to upload the content?
- Are you sure that the content is descriptive enough?
- Is the recherché of the content is good having sufficient references?
- The strategy for your publishing is clear or not?
Formatting, page description and page titles
- Title of each page should be original that means unique?
- Page descriptions must be original and not more than 150 characters.
- Italics, bol;d, h1,h2 etc should be used for proper formati9ng.
- Text must be divided into several paragraphs.
- Tablets like small screens will also find it easy to read the font.
- Smushit must be used to optimize the size oif the image.
- Every image must have its defining tag.
- The filename of the image should be descriptive.
Structure of URL
- As a separators permanent links must be used
- Posts and pages of the site must be categorized
- There should be bedcrumbs for all pages and posts.
- Sitemap for HTML users should be there.
- The pages must have internal links
- Must have a related post section at the ending of every page
- There should be a combination of non-keywords and keywords in the internal links
Authorship and speed
- Speed insight of Google page must find 90 percent score fgor your website.
- Every post or page of your website must be available for the Authorship of Google.